Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dead Mole Lollipops and Black Widows...

So today, besides moving plants around the yard AND having a garage sale...I decided to clean out the garage...I mean REALLY clean it out!I moved stuff away from the walls that has not been touched in 6 years...oy!
Beside the usual leaves, crud and spider webs...it was like a treasure hunt of 'gee, what died here?'
I moved stuff away from one wall...acorn shells....mouse droppings...animal fur...ANIMAL FUR?OMG!
It was the remains of a dead mouse...gray fur and bones...geez!
(wow! Sylvia has been workin hard!)
I start to sweep said bones and fur away....and out pops the BIGGEST FRICKIN Black Widow SPIDER I have EVER ever seen!!!!
I HATE spiders! I can handle snakes, mice, moles...but NOT spiders!
After my initial FREAK out...(no, I did not scream like a girl.)...I took my shoe OFF----yes, bc she coulda run up my leg, pounced on my face and sucked my eyeballs out---and SQUISHED the livin' crap outta her.
Not once but 3 times...she was the size of a frickin GRAPE---with the guts to match!Then I did the 'heebie geebie' dance...and swept her remains away....BLEEECCCKKKK!Needless to say, the dead mole I found later was a 'piece of cake'...or rather, looked like some sick kind of carnivore lollipop...actually quite interesting....you could see the bone structure and it's teeth....
It did get 'airborne' though when I took it to the trash---daggone wind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...what do you think?