Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Apologies...


I am writing to all yall who are my 'friends' on Facebook.
I am apologizing for my frequent,and yes, possibly, annoying, continuous 'status updates'...and my YouTube music benders...and my NY Times article posts....and all my causes...which I wave flags and banners for.
But maybe...just maybe, I can get you to see where I am coming from....
I am home...a lot...caring for a 5 year old, fabulously, fantastic, highly active---and motivated---chatty and creative child.
I adore her!
However, there are no 'grown ups' in my home right now....so, 'grown up' conversations are limited to sparse phone calls and emails.
...and yes, I do have a lot of out of town friends who I keep in touch with on Facebook.(This is what happens when one goes to 3 different colleges---including studying in Paris France---and has lived in 5 different cities in 20 years.)
(Bear (bare?) with me here...)
I update my status so much because I am tired of talking to myself. Seriously.
And the dog is NO help---and my cat...???? Well, enough said.
My kids---all 3 of them---think my talking to myself is funny...not 'weird' funny...just funny.
I throw out a thought on 'FB' thinking, there has got to be another mom, or whomever, out there...thinking the same thing...or at least there to 'chime in'...
So again, thank you to my FB pals who tolerate me...and to all yall that think I am 'over the top'...go ahead and adjust your 'privacy settings'....
(but then again, the ones who have already done this won't get this message...hmmm. Maybe I should actually send REAL notes through 'snail mail'?)
Hahahaha!....(Nahhh.)

1 comment:

  1. Kat, you don't need to apologize; I totally get this. I live alone with a dog, and work at home, and spend way too much time on FB for exactly the same reason. Volunteering and community theater get me out of the house, but not enough.

    You should see about getting involved with your local community theater; if you lived closer, I'd draft your costuming skills!

    ReplyDelete

So...what do you think?