Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fashion 'Fox Paws'


Today I was at work...madly changing mannequins, steaming garments, fluffing, and schmootzing the windows...sweating my fanny off carrying around 50-60 lb bustforms and hoisting them on to shelves above my head.
In walks this woman with a bag...
Since I was obviously busy, she says:
'Pardon me...do you have any denim that matches this jacket?'
She produces a mildly attractive denim jacket with embroidery on it...and she wants 'denim jeans to match'...aka: the 'denim jumpsuit'.
What? Is it 1982 again?
Putting on my 'stage smile', I guided her in the direction of a sales associate...trying with all my might NOT to roll my eyes.
I know I am not a fashion maven in my daily wardrobe of jeans, a fleece, and my Danskos...but come ON!
Get with it people!
NO NO NO. You do not, and I repeat, do NOT wear matching denim head to toe.
I used to live in the mountains of southwest Virginia...and the uniform there was the acid wash denims (circa 1983) and the darker wash denim jacket...BLUH!
(Not to mention the really bad curly perms,Jersey Mall bangs, hot pink lipstick, and fake nails...'hot'!)
Throw in a pair of neon pink pumps and watch my head explode.
I am a fashion designer by degree, and a stylist by trade.
Please stop trying to 'match' denim...or 'match' anything for that matter.
If ya want to look like a grown up 'Giranimal'....go to Talbots.
(No offense Talbot's.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...what do you think?