Monday, September 13, 2010

If The Shoe Fits...(I Guess.)

I LOVE shoes as much as the next gal...but, as a 'mom', my strappy stilettos are gathering dust (in their pretty boxes) on the top shelf of my closet. I miss you snake skin pumps with the patent leather kick ass heels...and you too my superhigh suede boots with the pointiest toes ever...
I wear flipflops pretty much 3/4 of the year now...my worn in comfy cowboy boots or Danskos when the weather gets chilly...(and I do have some leopard galoshes for yard work...HOT!)
Basically my footwear must remain relatively waterproof, barf proof, able to be wiped down, stepped on---repeatedly...and,yet, give me the 'gazelle' like sprinting capabilities one might need, say, if a child were to fall off a piece of playground equipment...and you need to break a land speed record to get there to 'catch'.
(all you Mommas know what I'm sayin'!)
Anyway...I do still like to browse really pretty/funky/groovy shoes and boots.
Here are some shoes I can pass on...I mean...REALLY?



Iris Schieferstein 'Hoof Heels'

"This German artist uses dead animals in her work...if taxidermied, wearable hooves are your style, these have your name on them!"
OK, as a Costume Designer, I can see how these could come in handy for some shows...but can you imagine the Vegan uproar that would ensue---what chaos! Fainting, throwing scripts...the stomping out of the studio...just not worth it.


So did you know that UGGS and Jimmy Choo have collaborated?
(NO? *gasp* Like...OMG!)
How 'FABOO!'
Actually I have dubbed these the 'U-Choo' boot. Just like cockroaches...UGGS will NOT go away. Don't they look like knock offs that have been 'BeDazzled'?
(and YES, kids, Mommy STILL wants a BeDazzler for Christmas---hint-hint!)
...and the kicker, yall...they sell for $795.00
(Oh you KNOW I'll get black AND brown!)

 
Since we are on the subject of 'price points'....these little 'Uggs-meets-Easter bunny booties'
by Louis Vuitton...???
Oh darlin', these babies will set ya back $2080.00.
(I am NOT joking!)


Equally as amazing---on a WHOLE different level are the booties I like to call 'who-notices-your-bad-dye-job-when-you-wear-these-shoes'...
OK,OK! ...I know this is a 'statement shoe'...
...but what, exactly, is the statement? Goat Herders Anonymous?
Or are these the orthopedic shoes that all the River Dancers have to wear after being on the road with Michael Flattley too long...???


Next we have a leopard/fish lace up...that I actually think are pretty cool---and my kids would HATE it when I wore these 'surf and turf' wonders to pick them up at school...or..sported them to a soccer game...yeah...(mmmWHUHUHUh!)


Ahhh... a girl can dream...but for now...I'll stick with my comfy red boots!



No comments:

Post a Comment

So...what do you think?